Difference between revisions of "Joomla and Extensions Fresh Install"
|Line 392:||Line 392:|
*Storage quota: "8000"
*Storage quota: "8000"
Revision as of 22:09, 11 January 2010
- 1 PHP
- 2 SQL
- 3 Joomla installation
- 4 Web Browser installation:
- 5 Template installation
- 6 Email Settings
- 7 Community Builder installation
- 8 GmapsPro installation
- 9 Site modification
- 10 Install ExposePrive
- 11 Install eventlist
- 12 Install Sticky Message Pro
- 13 Install Nice Talk Pro
- 14 Install the HAAReunion Plugin
- 15 CBMailing
- 16 Google Analytics Bridge 2009
- 17 AllVideos
- 18 Althome
- 19 CB Photo Gallery
- 20 HAA Reunion Attendance Manager
change php.ini to:
Enable php_gd2.dll in php.ini
Client section/server section
- default_character_set = utf8
- Host name: localhost:2222 (You only need the :2222 if you are using a non-standard port.)
- Username: Joomla
- Password: XXXXXXXX
- DB Name: HRClass00
Must grant Joomla privileges in SQL.
Web browser must have write permission on joomla directory
Create joomla directory on the web site (Harvard65/joomla, in my case)
Retrieve and unzip Joomla_1.5.9-Stable-Full_Package.zip
Copy files into the joomla directory
Web Browser installation:
In sql administrator:
- Go to Startup Variables, on security tab check 'Disable grant tables'
- On Service control Stop and restart service
- Goto http://localhost/harvard65/joomla and execute steps through creation of the database
In sql administrator:
- Go to Startup Variables, on security tab uncheck 'Disable grant tables'
- On Service control Stop and restart service
Finish the installation in the browser
Delete the joomla installation directory (harvard65/joomla/installation)
Copy lavinya6 files & directories to ...\lavinya6
Use Joomla Extensions/Template Manager to activate the template
In Joomla/Global Configuration/Server set Mailer to SMTP Server and check SMTP Authentication. Also fill in SMTP fields.
NOTE: CB ignores the Mail from field and sends mail from registration@harvard65 (or this may be a Joomla setting)
Community Builder installation
Version CB 1.2
More details in README-NEW-INSTALL.txt that comes with Cummunity Builder
Be sure browser has create/write permission on joomla directory
Enable Joomla System-Legacy in Joomla Plugin Manger (page2)
Install com_comprofiler.zip as a component
Go to Joomla/Components->Community Builder->Tools
- And use the synchronize users tool to synchronize your user database
Add the CB Details menu per Community Builder 1.2 documentation p 28/176
Enable the cblogin login module (CB Login), and other CB modules from the administration backend (go to Extensions/module manager, then click on publish red cross or click on module name to set params)
Go to Joomla->Components->Community Builder->Configuration and at least choose the user name type (first/lastname mode choice) corresponding to how you want to split or not split the existing users' name during existing users synchronization of the next installation step.
- Make sure to click "Save" on the configuration page.
Go to Joomla->Components->Community Builder->Tools
- And use the "Synchronize users" tool to synchronize CB with Joomla.
Disable the Standard Joomla/Mambo Login Module. To do that, go to the administration backend then:
- Extensions->module manager then click on the green "Enabled" checkmark of "Login form" (mod_login) so that it becomes a red cross
Add a list menu item:
- (this will be the link to the searchable users-listing).
- For this, go to "Menus" -> "User Menu" (for non-public lists), click New,
- then click internal links "Community Builder",
- then "Users-list", add Title (leave other parameters as is), and save
In Admin->Components->Community Builder->Configuration->Registration:
- set "Allow User Registration" to
- "yes, independently of global site setting"
in Admin->Site->Global Configuration->Site->System (User Settings)
- set "Allow User Registration" to "No".
Manually add the cb_ fields (address, address2 city, state, zipcode, country, showmap, latitude, longitude, geocodeDate)
|cb_nameatgrad||Name at graduation||Text|
|cb_webBusiness||business web site||Web address|
|cb_webPersonal||personal web site||Web address|
|cb_metroarea||Metro area||Drop-down list|
GmapsPro is subscription ware. Cost 25 Euros for one year.
From within Joomla install GmapsPro (gmapspro-1.0-07182008.zip)
In GmapsPro Gmaps Configuration Create a site. Don't bother with CB Plugin yet.
From within CB install cb_mapuser_1_7-beta.zip) (Community Builder plugin)
Publish the CB Map User in the CB Plugin Manager
Configure CB Map User from within GmapsPro
From within Joomla install Plugin (plugin_gmaps-1.6.8.zip) (Allows map to render inside Joomla content)
Enable Gmaps in the Joomla plugin manager
Go to CB configuration/Tab Manager and save the two Gmaps tabs - these produce maps on the profile page
Install the CB Gmaps adapter
- Place the communitybuilderprofileadapter.class.php file in the joomla/compnents/com_gmapspro/classes folder - it may already be there - that's ok.
- Define the adapter within GMapsPro.
- Go to GMapsPro configuration->Adapters, define a new adapter
- Name: CB Adapter
- Description: Adapter for Community Builder
- Classfile: communitybuilderprofileadapter
- Classname: CommunityBuilderProfileAdapter (Case sensitive)
- Properties: blank, for the moment!
Select this adapter on the map you intend to use from within GMapsProg->Configuration->Maps->Edit Map
Change the joomla\templates\lavinya6\css\template.css file
The banner images for laviniya6 are in joomla\templates\lavinya6\images and are named 1.jpg, 2.jpg
- The selection for these images is near the end of joomla\templates\lavinya6\index.php (search for "echo rand")
- I am modifying this line to only use one image for the moment and with
- a generic logo and photo. Image size is 957 x 235 pixels ('69 is 960 x 225)
- Fix metadata settings: Class Website/Harvard, Radcliffe, alumni, alumnae
To remove "Welcome to the frontpage" Remove instructions
Download Download ExposePrive Install ExposePrive
Change password from "manager" to "XXXXXX" in Joomla->components->ExposePrive
Run the System check from Joomla->components->ExposePrive and adjust as needed.
Be sure you have an php temporary upload directory.
 for eventlistcal (may need to sign in.) - I DID NOT INSTALL THIS.
Create Venue, event
Create menu from Joomla menu manager pointet to eventlist
Set settings for integration with CB Also change date format to m/d/y (%m.%d.%Y)
Install Sticky Message Pro
$25 from: 
Install the component first, then the module
We are using close button 3 Auto close time is in seconds Set Y margin to 200 (larger numbers move the message higher on the screen) Select just the Home menu
Install Nice Talk Pro
Cost $35 at azrul.com (through plimus.com)
The installation is straightforward.
Install the HAAReunion Plugin
The plugin is in haareunion.zip and provides the ability to create lists of people who are (or are not) attending reunions. It installs in the usual way. After it's installed, create a new field cb_reunionplans and put it on the User Status tab. It should not be user-editable nor should it display at registration.
Also create a list for "Reunion Attendees". You can use the keywords 'IsAttendingActiveReunion' and 'NotAttendingActiveReunion' in the filter. (By themselves, not as part of a boolean expression.)
Create a menu item for the list under the Classmates menu.
Download from http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/2389/details
One email per list entry
From the person logged in
Reply to No one
Send to The list addresses
BCC No one
Include blocked users? - NO
Create a list that includes only SuperAdministrators; Group allowed access = Administrators, group allowed to use list = Super
Administrator. Filter is u.`usertype` = 'Super Administrator'
In CBMmailer 'Manage Permissions'
From "Super Administrators" to each of the other lists (in turn, yeuch!)
Have to make changes to CBMailings to honor the special keywords.
Also fix bugs in CBMailing: See Documentation of Modified Modules on Wiki.
Add cb_mailoptin to Community Builder fields. 0 => no mail, default = 1
Modify CBMailing to honor cb_mailoptin see wiki for documentation of the change.
Google Analytics Bridge 2009
The module installs in the usual way from Joomla->Extensions->Install/Uninstall. Once it is installed you can set your Google Analytics ID in the parameters field at Joomla->Plugin Manager->Google Analytics Bridge.
The module installs in the usual way from Joomla->Extensions->Install/Uninstall. Once it is installed you can set your parameters in the parameters field at Joomla->Plugin Manager->AllVideo.
Once it is installed you must go to Joomla->Extensions->Plugin Manager and enable it.
Audio files go in images/stories/audio and video go in images/stories/videos
This module allows you to specify an alternative home page for logged-in users.
The module installs in the usual way from Joomla->Extensions->Install/Uninstall. Once it is installed you can set your parameters in the parameters field at Joomla->Plugin Manager->System (AltHome)
The module installs in the usual way from Joomla->Extensions->Install/Uninstall. Once it is installed you can set your parameters in the parameters field at Joomla->Plugin Manager->System - Google Verify. We leave it disabled for new sites.
CB Photo Gallery
This module provides a tab on the user details to display photographs
Download from (you must be logged in as a CB Documentation subscriber to access this link):
The installation is unusual. You have to unzip the distribution package. Inside it are two installation packages. One for a CB plugin that installs from Joomla->Community Builder->Plugin Manager and the other that installs from Joomla->Extensions->Install/uninstall
Once it is installed go to:
Joomla->Components->Community Builder->Plugin Management->CB Profile Gallery and set the Access Level to 'Registered' and Published to 'Yes'
Then go to Joomla->Extensions->Module Manager->CB Gallery Module and make the following settings:
- Enabled: "Yes"
- Access Level: "Registered"
- Menus: "None"
Finally go to Joomla->Community Builder->Tab Management->Profile Gallery and make the following settings:
- Title: "Photographs" (note that after you save, this tab will display in the manager as "Photographs"
- Description: "" (Blank, this text displays at the top of the tab area.)
- Publish: "Yes"
- User Group to allow access to: "Registered"
- Enable Paging: "No"
- Image File List: "jpg,gif,png,jpeg"
- Entries per Page: "4"
- Items Quota: "4"
- Maximum size: "2000"
- Storage quota: "8000"
HAA Reunion Attendance Manager
This is a custom component that allows users of the site to add/remove themselves from the list of classmates who hope/plan to attend the active reunion. It installs in the usual way from Joomla->Extenstions->Install/Uninstall. No configuration is required once installed.