Difference between revisions of "How to install a fresh version"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 16:32, 25 March 2009
THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL REPLACE YOUR DATABASE AND ALL THE INFORMATION IN IT. DO NOT USE THESE TO UPGRADE A LIVE SITE!!!
These instructions assume that your site is hosted on Siteguard, or a similar Unix-based ISP with access to CPanel. If that is not correct, these instructions may not work for you.
You should have two files containing the new version of the site: SiteTemplate.zip and ModifiedModel.sql.
- Go to Joomla->Site->Global Configuration and click the 'Yes' radio button next to "Site offline"; then click 'Apply';
- Use an FTP client to copy copy SiteTemplate.zip to the public_html directory of your site;
- Use phpMyAdmin to import the ModifiedModel.sql file into your database directly from your local hard disk;
- Delete the Joomla files/directories from the public_html directory of your site. These include:
- Use CPanel's File Manager to extract SiteTemplate.zip into the public_html directory of your site;
- Go to Joomla->Site->Global Configuration and click the 'No' radio button next to "Site offline".
Your new version should now be online. Test it!!